jeudi 21 février 2013

Bubble Tea



Last night I was out for dinner and drinks with my friend Justine.
We decided to check out the Saint Anne Street in the 8th district, but ended finally up in some street close to it… Actually, this area, and particularly that street, is known for its many Japanese restaurants. But attention; only Japanese restaurants, not serving sushi! Here you can actually discover other sides of the Japanese gastronomy (But not expect to much though, the menu is normally quite limited...). 
For my part I highly recommend the beef and noodle soup, which is just delicious!

We decided to accompany the dishes with some tea; bubble tea! 
This was a first for me. A funny experience really. You get a big mug of sweet tea (green tea for me, ginger tea for Justine. The second one is a spicier type), with an XXL straw and lots of bubbles in the bottom… So, when you drink your tea through the straw, you have lots of bubbles coming in your mouth… 
I’m not quite sure if I liked it really, it was a very curious feeling…
The bubbles don’t have any particular taste if they aren't somewhat sweet, almost slimy and a bit “chewy”… But it’s definitely worth a try!  :)

What we call “the bubbles” are more precisely Tapioca pearls. The Tapioca pearls have its origins from China and Taiwan and are actually the root of a plant named “Cassava”.
However, even though it’s all natural, coming from a plant and everything, I don’t think they have any nutritional qualities… No vitamins, no proteins; only sugar….
But if you ever get the chance to try a bubble tea one day, I highly recommend it; just for the fun :)



This is what a bubble tea looks like in Google..
This is what it looked like in our restaurant... Just to bad the mugs are opaque and not transparent so that you could see the bubbles... But the meal was delicious!

Actually I didn't eat/drink all of them, so here they are... :)

My sweet friend Justine


2 commentaires:

  1. Så koselig!:) denne såg veldig god ut!:)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. dei selger den teen på kafeen ved siden av her, har ikkje prøvd den ennå, men fikk litt lyst å prøve nå =))

    RépondreSupprimer