jeudi 7 février 2013

No Memory Card…


How frustrating… Yesterday I went to this grate dinner and took lots of pictures to share on my blog. Then, when I finally found the time to sit down and work on it this afternoon, I discovered that I had most stupidly, forgotten to put the memory card in my camera… What a start…

Well, I wanted to wright a few words on this delicious French cheese classic “Raclette”, so I’m doing it any way,- sadly without the pictures of my beautiful friends…

For you who don’t know what a raclette is, I've joined-in some photos from Google images.  

Traditionally, the Raclette is mostly served in winter time as it is quite rich. The main ingredients are cheese, cheese and cheese, served with a little bit of cheese on the side… No, I’m sorry, I’m exaggerating;  It’s actually cheese, cheese and cheese, served with a little bit of potatoes and cold cuts on the side.

It’s a perfect dish to prepare when you are expecting lots of friends or family for dinner. It nearly needs any kind of preparation, only shopping the ingredients and care to buy enough food. Always buy enough food!!!  When it comes to raclette, people are always hungrier than you’d think. It’s really true! It’s so cozy when you are sitting there, chatting and eating and always putting another cheese into your spade so it won’t be empty, -so you don’t realize that you’re not hungry anymore, and that you’ve actually eaten so much that you’ve satisfied your nutritional needs for the rest of the week…  

For those of you who don’t live in France; the cheese that is used is called Raclette (…) and can be bought in a selection of higher standard grocery shops. In Norway for example this cheese can be bought at “Meny” (the device could be bought at “Expert”).    I think that it is quite important to use this particular kind of cheese because of its rich taste and maybe also by the way it responds to heating. But then again I haven’t tried any other types of cheese, maybe it would work just as well!  


Bon Appétit! J

1 commentaire: