vendredi 8 février 2013

Ever tried to vacuum-pack your clothes?


I discovered this fabulous way of storing seasonal clothes about a year ago, and it’s been a revolution! 
My boyfriend and me life on a 30m² flat, which is to say: every square centimeter has its importance! We have (read: me) lots of lots of clothes and only one tiny, tiny wardrobe. It was therefor with great joy and relief we discovered the vacuum bag.

You can find it in different sizes, but I think mine takes about 50 liters? I’m not quite sure, but when I thing of a middle sized garbage bag, it must be something like that.

On the photos under here, you’ll see how big it is and how small it gets. (Actually, I just show how it was before I took out the clothes, and not before I put them in. Too bad, because It would have been fun to show you how small it gets after vacuuming the bag… But anyways, I’m sure you get the idea! J)  In the white bag I've actually stored: two big winter jackets, three snowboard/ski-pants, tree pair of thick gloves, one pajamas, socks, double set with wool underwear, scarfs, etc. etc. Of course, all together, this takes normally a lot of place. But once vacuum-packed, everything is reduced into fitting into this little white bag, which we can easily put in the closet!

Moreover, this type of storing also keeps your clothes free from humidity and small insects (…)! J



PS. These are two different types of bags. The white one is a plastic bag in a sort of a "linen box" (easier to store), and the other one is just a plastic bag. Of course, the plastic bag is much cheaper than the 'linen box", but all in all, both options are rather economic ;)

2 commentaires: