lundi 18 février 2013

The needle party


…Or; l'Aiguille en fête in French....

This year, l’Aiguille en fête has been organized for the 10th year in a row. It’s a fair that gathers fabric manufacturers, haberdashery, patch workers, seamstresses and knitters from manly France, England and Germany.  

I actually won my admission ticket after participating in a Facebook contest of l’Atelier (I’ll tell you more about this Atelier later) and I’m very glad I did. This faire is a great opportunity to find good addresses where to buy fabrics and yarns and you also get to create a contact with the sales persons.   

The salon lasted for four days: Thursday 14th – Sunday 16th. During these days you could participate in different workshops, such as learn how to sew on a sewing machine, how to knit, crochet or embroider. You could also participate in the championship of the world’s fastest knitter!

What I also like about these kinds of fairs is that you get good discounts if you buy something directly, and you can also find things that are quite hard to find otherwise.

In France for instance the 40cm circular knitting needle (for arms or other small work) doesn’t exist…  But on a British stand I was very lucky to find a 20cm cable which I can put on my new interchangeable needle set (which I got for a very nice price!! J )

Try and make the world record in speedknitting




Hungry? Sorry, these little pastries are not comestible, 100% wool...

Making the worlds longest scarf



Islandish pure wool


Buy old patterns from Guy LaRoche and Donna Karan and make your self a fabulous dress haute couture (late 80's early 90's...)





Even the husbands are giving it a try



I also came across this very nice organization called “Les Blouses Roses” (The Pink Blouses). It’s a team of volunteers that try to make the everyday life of old and young patients, which are on a long term stay in a hospital, by organizing different workshops with ravelry, games and music. If you want to know more about this organization I invite you to have a look on their internet page: www.lesblousesroses.asso.fr


1 commentaire: