lundi 18 février 2013

The famous « Marius » sweater


Traditionnal Marius sweater (photo from google Images)


Currently in Norway, the classical “Marius pattern” is right back in fashion. If you look at some designer’s blogs and other ravelry blogs you’ll find this pattern on many different things such as pillows, socks, hats etc. etc.




Arne & Carlos design



Some people like to modernize the pattern by either changing the traditional blue and red colors with more modern combinations or by replacing the traditional crosses with their own inspirations, such as for instance Arne og Carlos space invaders pattern (photo from Google).





I for my part, wanted to stay more or less classical when I decided to make this sweater for my boyfriend, keeping the pattern but changing the colors. (However, if I had asked him first, he might have preferred the space invaders…) I think grey is an easier color to wear than marine blue and I also find it more up to date. Instead of red I’ve chosen a bright blue which is really nice together with the gray and the white.

I also wanted to make it more “fitting” than the traditional model which is usually quite large. To do that I simply used a thinner yarn than recommended which is a 80/20 blend. (80% Superwash wool and 20% Nylon).  I almost always choose mixed yarns because it gives more resistant products. And superwash is really great as you can put it in the washing machine! (But be careful though! 37°max, and use only liquid soaps that are destined for wool! No fabric softener and certainly no drying machine!)  

I just finished the sweater yesterday so here are some photos.



3 commentaires:

  1. gleder meg til eg får en sånn =D

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Beau Gosse! :) Magnifique le pull, Bravo!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. tantejanne strikka en sånn på 4 dager til ida, og dei fire neste dagane strikka ho ein til t malene!! eg ønsker meg veldi en eg oxo, tantejanne har oppskrift på malene sin, eg må bare ha den litt større.. =)))

    RépondreSupprimer